Saturday, December 15, 2007




Cold and Rainy With a Chance For Snow!
This is our weather forecast and that usually means ice. YUCK. Erik has a traveling gig tonight and I have a date with the best chore do-er for the last two weeks. Kayla was in the lead until this morning when Erika has done every chore she can think of. My house is so sparkly. If only they could do the things I really dread like sorting through 4 stacks of paper that have piled up again!!

1st pic-ICE SKATING, the lighting was horrible so this was the best pic we got.
2ND pic-this is a sixth floor restaurant overlooking the river. Tin Fish. They served us whole tiny squid deep-fried. The kids loved eating them. I decided, no way. They all said it was funny chewing up all those legs. I think I just threw up a little.
3rd pic-We have silkworm moths, I am so proud. This little bugger escaped as a worm and made a cocoon in my plant! Luckily I spotted his moth self and we released him. Erika and I marveled how he needed to get away from the rest of them and what a very hidden spot he found in the plant. We have really done our part in feeding the birds, providing them with moth delicacies in the winter.

That last picture was at the children's museum where they have a face painting station and I was inspired to draw holly on my face to match the caption. There was a very tense moment when we thought they were out of wipes to clean your face. Kayla was mortified that I might "go out in public looking like THAT". She is going to be such a fun and fashionable teen. Hee haw!




1 comment:

Becky K. said...

Hi, I just found your blog. It is cute. I, too, tend to say what I think. Hopefully I don't offend too many and I am softening with age. We homeschool and have jsut started a second blog that is all about homeschooling. Stop by, if you get the chance.
Blessings,
Becky K.