Tuesday, December 04, 2007



Advent Calendar


If you recall, not too long ago I was blogging about being inspired by fellow crafty bloggers into making our own advent calendar. The felt was bought and two days were spent working on that calendar. Much felt fell upon the floor and many needles were picked out of "the" rug-yes there is only one speck of carpet in the house besides my bedroom. There was much un-Christmas-like behavior and no pleasant Christmas memories. Only alot of yelling, arguing, jealousy, messes and then on top of that, the kids bad behaviors. (LOL-I crack me up!!) So the picture above shows the lovely advent calendar that graces our home. It is made by Hallmark and cost only $4.99. Silly on their part-I would have paid so much more for it to all be over. We have a whole year to finish the other one-but then again, when I think of the warm fuzzy feelings it does not conjure up-it may have to be permanently tabled/trashed. Beside that, you will see the lovely "EARLY"(yeah!!) Christmas present from my father-in-law, all the Christmas classic cartoons-Frosty, Rudolph(and more I don't remember)-we've already watched them once and we will watch them again. The next pic shows my Christmas shopping all piled in the corner because we get a real tree and we don't have it yet. I need to get my Christmas stuff down soon though-the rest of the house needs to be decorated!! I love Christmas!
Last night was my PATCH mom's Christmas party. It is always fun. We do a homeschool curriculum "white elephant" chinese auction. It is sooo fun. This year very few people stole-that always makes it kind of not-as-much-fun, but enough did that it was still good.(You know I did!!) We also did not do a cookie swap this year, and while I missed it a little, it was nice to just show up.
So it was a good night, today is a pretty good day so far and I must finish my newsletter and get my Christmas cards done already!! Have a wonderful Tuesday.

No comments: