Monday, September 24, 2007

Eat supper with your family night!

Statistics say that families that eat meals together are better adjusted families. It further states that children who have been brought up doing this are far less likely to experiment with drugs, sex, alcohol and other teen immoral behavior.

I am patting myself on the back for doing something right in a big line of somethings wrong. We try very hard to have all of our meals together. The girls and I have sit-down meals together 95% of the time. We are all together for an evening meal 95% of the time. It has always been a huge priority for me because I grew up in a home where it happened 10% of the time. The rest of the time we foraged for our own food-to each his own. Sometimes, usually more with Erik than me, one of the kids helps with preparing the meal as well.

If you usually don't eat together, do it tonight and talk about why. A restaurant still counts and alot of them are having special give-a-ways and donating to charities a percentage of their business. Texas Roadhouse and Chili's are two that I know of for sure, look up your favorite place and see what they are doing!

No comments: