Saturday, September 22, 2007

All of the kittens have new homes. We toyed with the idea of keeping these last two because they were so snuggly and adorable. Larry and Garry, the kids named them that because they were "twin" boys and the names rhymed. I was sad to see them go, but I am sure their new family is loving them very much. After they left, Erika said, "Mom, they were smokers. I can tell. I hope that doesn't bother the kitties." Then Kayla said, "Feel sorry for them, don't judge them. The only people who smoke nowadays are addicted and they wish they could quit."

In other news, today has been a hard day. I went to Mom's and mowed her yard and then made them supper. As I was chit-chatting, my mom casually mentioned that a lifelong school chum had shot and killed herself last night. I was particularly shocked because this person has also been attending our church since she divorced her husband no too long ago. She has one son who is 8 or 9 years old and I am sure he is devastated beyond belief. I can't get it out of my head that I should have noticed pain that severe. I wish I had. Could I have changed anything? Probably not, but maybe. Friends and encouragement are pretty powerful when you are facing a depression that deep. Her best friend, Carrie is a long-time member at our church and this will no doubt rock her world in huge way. Please keep the family of Jenna in your prayers. This is a sadness that will never lose its sting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found homes for all your kittens! Our were born just a few days after yours and we still have all 5 of them. A couple of weeks ago they got ringworm and so I have to treat them before I can try to find homes for them. They are cute and all, but I'm ready for them to go. :)

As a side note - all five of ours look exactly the same. There are 3 boys and 2 girls so we dubbed them Pablo, Austin, Tyrone, Uniqua and Tasha. :)

I'm also very sorry to hear about your friend. I feel for her family - and especially her son.