Tuesday, August 07, 2007
These pics are as close as I can get to a picture of my first car. I am sure they have all been crushed by now. I thought it was a 1974 Volare, but it turns out it was a 1976-since that is when they started making them. Mine was gray with Maroon interior. It was crappy 70's paint that was rough and never really looked clean. It was a good first car-no glamour, but it got me from point A to point B and only cost $400.
My high school meme:
1. Who was your best friend?Jon Braddy
2. Did you play any sports? No, but sometimes I wrote about them in the school newspaper.
3. What kind of car did you drive?1976 Plymouth Volare, and then a 1984 Ford EXP
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? Working at Chong's or at a play at Market house with Jon if I'm off.
5. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? NO.
6. Were you a nerd?Yes, a card carrying "smart girl". In Senior English class, no one turned their papers in until I proofed it. My skills have waned since then. I was also in FFA, so that made me a little less "nerdy", or at least in the pre-Napolean days it did. I blame those jackets.
7. Who was your favorite teacher? Senior English-Mrs. Simpson An A in her class was nearly impossible. I got one. Mrs. Watkins for Biology 1 and 2-she was great.
8. What was your school mascot? The Eagles
9. Did you go to the Prom? Junior year I did-had a great time but not enough to go again, senior I did not, but I did go to the prom bash-it was a mock casino and I won a truck(It was an old beater truck and I took money instead. Erik dies a little when I tell that story. I don't even know the make and model. He married me despite this horrible skeleton in my closet.)
10. If you could go back, would you? Never. I had great fun, made lots of mistakes, and learned alot.
11. What do you remember most about graduation? A whole lot of us hid silly string in our gowns and when we threw our hats we also sprayed silly string. It was so pretty. I wish I could've seen it from the bleachers.
12. Did you have a job your senior year? Oh yeah, from age 15 on I worked as much as I could. Summers, I worked about 3 part-time jobs.
13. What did you do after graduation? I went to PCC for three years, first majoring in nursing(HATED it), then communications, then met Erik and lived happily ever after. I should've gotten that communication degree-I could use it now!
14. What year did you graduate?1990
15. Are you going/did you go to your reunion?We have had a five year and that is all. I went, it was fun but way too soon. I hope we have more, but with our officers, it is doubtful.
TAG, anyone that will.