Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wow, all I can say is WOW!

Both a line from Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse and how I am feeling right now.

Our co-op had a speaker today, Rhonda, who is a missionary in Camb*di*. She was telling us about her story and also what life is like for her. Oh how much I take for granted. When it was just the two of us talking, she was talking a bit about the lengths they have to go to just to keep their ch*ldr*n safe, especially the g#rls. They do not have the luxury of even leaving their home 0fter dark. And we think America is unsafe. It just sends a shiver down my spine because I know most of the "trade" that is illegal is done for Americans. Rich Americans who go to other poor countries where there are no penalties for their horrendous behavior. The internet has been a blessing to so many in so many ways. It has also been a tool for the wicked in many more ways.

She told about not having ready access to clean water, except through a very expensive filter at one sink. She also was really enjoying her stay here in America because of all the hot water she can enjoy which is not in existence in C#mb!dia. I will be praying for her everytime I enjoy such frivilous things as septic systems, hot water, and air conditioning. IT is very humbling to see someone totally give their life over to God like they have. No plans of coming back because he has blessed their ministry so much. WOW!

(*#'s will alter searches from sik*oz-I hope)

No comments: