Saturday, November 04, 2006

OK, Attitude has been adjusted.

I was not very happy to get a new car but hubby is ecstatic. I have decided to join him. He did his homework and got a very excellent deal on a 2004 Chevy Impala, Red. He has wanted one of these cars since they first came out patially because there are 3 lap belts in the backseat and we have need of 3 lapbelts in the backseat. He is quite a safety guy. I love that about him but I also know he loves Impalas. With extra XXXXOOOOXXXXX's. His first car was an Impala and he loved it when it was still his Mom and Dad's. So yippeee, we have a new car. Yes, red is my favorite color.

Today was my homemaker's bazaar. We stayed up late last night after we got home from my mom's birthday party molding chocolate. It did not sell like I thought it would. The plaster of paris crafts we molded did not sell well either. Oh well, I donated the cost. The pumpkin rolls the club made sold like crazy. They are delicious. We did not stay until the end, I hope the club did well.

Happy Birthday, Mom. Of course, she can't read this as she has no computer. I still will pay her a tribute in the blogosphere. She is a good christian woman from a complicated childhood that managed to raise four girls with very little help from my father. She divorced my father when I was 3 or 4 and married my stepfather when I was 6. Those in-between years were tumultuous and I don't know how she was able to make it. My sisters were teenagers and a little on the wild side. We were laughing a bit about the troubles we got into back then-strolling down memory lane last night. Probably not so funny to my Mom. They were tough years no doubt, but fear not Mom, we turned out okay. We all still live close to home. 3 out of 4 are church attending Christians. I hope my oldest sis is a christian, but she does not attend church. The rest of us pray for her. She thinks we are hypocrites. We are, but covered with the blood. I hope she joins us!

I hope to do as well with my own set of girls. They are thoroughly enjoying this beautiful fall day with Buddy the wonder dog and thunder.

I am hoping to post pics of them. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Oh! Be careful with those Impalas. They're awfully lightweight. We have a couple of them here at the PD.