Thursday, September 14, 2006

If you give a Mom a weekend away...

...she will come home and hit the ground running trying to desperately fill in all the gaps of her time away. She will notice laundry that was all finished when she left piled up exactly 24 hours after she arrived home. Getting behind on laundry will remind her of outings and appointments. Appointments and outings will allow dishes, paper and chores to pile up. Paper piling up will remind her that it is difficult to do school without a clear table or smooth surface anywhere to write upon. She will cancel school for one day after History and math are finished in a vow to clean. This vow to clean will cause a friend to call with earthshattering bad news that involves lengthy listening time and much affirmations. Lengthy phone call does away with cleaning time, moving right into meal prep time. Preparing meals will cause more fresh messes and more chores to be behind on. Evening meetings, outings as a family,church, and Bible study will keep these chores undone. Bad smell in house will be a constant reminder of need to clean. New oil burning air-freshener bought on family outing with "CLEAN" scent will not make house smell better. Exhaustion will prevent cleaning. Bad smell will cause depression. Depression will prevent cleaning.

Tomorrow is Friday. I wish I could say TGIF, but instead I must feebly ask where all the days since Sunday went to. I think they are misplaced. I'd like them back please. They were days to clean, straighten and do some laundry-maybe even school. I implore you to be on the look-out and send them on home if you see them rushing by. REWARD! Am I staying home tomorrow to catch up all that is behind? Absolutely...NOT!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I love it! That's how life goes for all of us, huh?

Susie said...

LOL--I'm there with ya, girl. Only, I've been working 60+ hours this week, so my house is ALL piled up! And it's parade weekend. You KNOW I have no time to clean this weekend. ; )

jettybetty said...

I think our days must have escaped together--I am missing mine, too! Except for I am staying home and cleaning tomorrow--doesn't that sound fun???

Thanks so much for your kind words today--what you said was so true--whatever way God leads us to educate our children--we need Him to guide and protect!
=-)