Thursday, July 13, 2006

I am back!!!

Chicago was awesome!! I loved every minute of conference. The workshops, the enthusiasm, the new products, girl time!! My favorite time of all was when I skipped one of my classes and went back to the room to ponder "the plants I water". One of the speakers had given this visual about how we all have "plants" in our life. Some of them are overwatered, some we don't water at all and others we put away into a closet for days and week and still expect it to be green and healthy. She went on to say that any plant can go a few days without water and even sunshine. Some can go quite a while and still bounce back and do ok once sun and water return. HOWEVER, in life, do we want to take that approach? We need to strive to keep our lives in balance and all of our "plants" green and healthy. (HEATHER-I know you are loving this analogy!) She is a Pampered Chef consultant that has been in this business for 17 years so she has watched her children grow up in it. She has also remained consistent and advanced in both sales and growing a sales team. I needed to hear the plant story so much!! I also went to a time management class that built on that concept even more. I'll discuss that more later. Right now my "kids plant" needs sunshine and water!! ( :

3 comments:

Sara said...

Welcome back! I've missed you in blog world. Your analogy reminds me of the aloe plant we gave my sister when she went to college...a few months later when we visited her we asked about it. She proceeded to go to HER CLOSET and pull out a withered and dying plant. Her explanation was, "I think it needs more water." Now it's a running joke. Anyway, welcome home!

jettybetty said...

Sounds like you had a great time--and learned a bunch too!

Glad to have you back!

~d said...

WELCOME home...
Hurrah!