100 Things about me:
1. This was inspired by Sandy's blog. (www.sandymom.blogspot.com) I would link you if I knew how!
2. I will be 34 on Friday and I still love birthdays. I am pretty sure I always will. I love getting older, it beats the alternative.
3. My husband is 40 and is only 6 years older than me for a few months. (Talk about robbing the cradle Summer!)
4. I have three lovely daughters aged 9, 8, and 4 until summer when they all get a year older. (June, July, and August-I think that means my husband and I like each other more in the fall. LOL)
5. I did not secretly wish for a boy. I secretly prayed for all girls and that over-rode Erik's secret wishes for boys. I don't feel guilty about it. Maybe a little.
6. I homeschool my children and I love it. I don't feel weird or crazy until people look at me like I am. I secretly think people who don't homeschool are the weird and crazy ones but I love them anyway.
7. I sell Pampered Chef. I like it but I am not very ambitious. It drives my director crazy that I don't work more or earn stuff, but I like my pace. It fits my lifestyle. One day I will work more. When Erik retires and I have to get away.
8. I love to cook but I am very challenged with making three squares a day. It is a little unfulfilling and yet filling...LOL.
9. I love politics and dream of one day becoming a politician. I have always loved government and have almost always disliked politicians, especially ones with the last name Kennedy. They have grown it into a profession and it was just supposed to be representative. I think our founding fathers were geniuses and we are really making them look bad.
10. My husband hates politics, but since he married me, he always votes. I think we cancel each other out. He is a union man.
11. I am the youngest of 4 daughters. My dad was the youngest of six children and my mom is the middle child of a blended family.
12. I only wear lipstick and eyeliner. I hate the way make-up feels on my face. I also hate hair styling products. I like my hair to be soft and brushable, not stiff and unbrushable.
13. I do not like to get dressed up. I think we would all be happier if we just went around in life in loungewear(by that I mean fleece pants and loose fitting t-shirts, not polyester leisure suits). I gave up high heels 10 years ago and I don't miss them. My husband might.
14. My family owns a boat and we love it. It takes me several minutes of prayer before I can jump off the boat into the water. (And yes, always wearing a life-jacket)
15. My fear of water comes from my sister pushing me into a pool on the deep end to prove I could too swim. I couldn't. My cousin Jeff swam to the bottom and saved me. Thanks Jeff!! He is a doctor now. He was in med school then so I don't think I had anything to do with it.
(I have completely forgiven you, Linda)I eventually became a pretty good swimmer.
16. I am afraid of heights and I don't know why. I don't think my sister has anything to do with it. It is magnified x ten when my kids are up high with me.
17. I graduated #12 of 242 in high school(I think). I was vice president of the FFA and I don't appreciate the image Napolean Dynamite gave my most favorite club. I was in it all four years and it is one of the best preps for life, meeting organization, sales, and public speaking I ever got. I was also in Beta, Industrial Arts Club (LOL), G C Pride(a drug and alcohol free club), a journalism student for the newspaper and I am sure there were more.
18. High School did not prepare me for life in any way. (Except for FFA)
19. My best friend in high school was a guy. We were inseparable. I still think he is a great guy. We lost contact after I had children.
20. I never wanted to get married or have children. I thought it was insanity. When I met Erik, I knew I wanted to get married and have his children. Go figure. He restored my faith in the male species. People I went to school with are shocked that I am not a journalist traveling the world.
21. I wrote for my school newspaper all four years. I wrote about the evils of placing too much importance on sports and not enough on academics. My high school had the largest gym in the whole region. And the smallest number of books in the library. Alot of books were purchased after I wrote that story.
22. I also wrote for the PCC newspaper. I took a class on being a DJ too and got to do 1 hour of broadcasting over PCC radio. I played all Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. I still like them both alot.
23. I love Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'Reilly. Of the 3 though, Bill O'Reilly is my favorite. I think he is the smartest man in the whole world.
24. I have always valued morals and intellect over looks.
25. I became a Christian at age 11. I was rebaptized a few years ago because I thought I left Jesus standing at the altar on our "wedding" day. It is much easier for me now. Only a few people understand what I mean when I write that, but it is OK.
26. I regret not finishing college.
27. I regret not parasailing before I had children.
28. I have very few other regrets, even though my mistakes are too numerous to mention. Without my mistakes I would be a big old christian snob.
29. There are very few mistakes I have not made. I can always serve as a bad example...LOL. I actually wore a pin that said that in high school. I also had one that said "If you don't have anything nice to say, come and sit by me" Gossip is still one of my big struggles. I hate writing that.
30. I love reading and writing blogs. I once said I could never write anything without pencil and paper because I was a true writer. I was wrong. I love typing words. I love words in any form.
31. I wrote poetry all through my teen years. When I read them now, I realize I was very angry with my station in life. And confused.
32. I like who I am.
33. I don't like how much I weigh. I hope I can really change it this time. I don't see myself as fat as I am. I see myself the size I was in high school. I am shocked when I see pictures of myself. I think that is called denial and it runs deep!!
34. I pray that none of my children will struggle with their weight.
35. I hope my children don't do all the things I have done. If they do, I hope I can help them out.
36. My mom and Dad divorced when I was three. I have no memories of my Dad other than his obligatory Sunday afternoon visit.
37. After my parents divorce, we were incredibly poor. No food to eat poor. No clothes to wear poor. I don't know how my mom made it those few years on her minimum wage job with 4 children. My Dad paid her $20 per week per child($80). When he was laid off, it was only $10 a week($40). My Dad always volunteered to be laid off to lower his child support. I hate that he is proud of that. I really struggle with honoring my father. My children can't tell I struggle with it. They love their Pa and their Dad. Breaking the cycle...
38. My grandfather (Dad's Dad) could not stand it that my father did not provide for his family and did everything he could to help my mom. My mom got her in-laws in the divorce.
39. My mom remarried when I was in the first grade and they went to Aurora for their honeymoon. I still think that is cool.
40. My stepfather treated us better than his own children. (He had 9 that were grown before we entered the picture) My stepfather is 20 years older than my mom. He is REALLY old now!!
41. I grew up on the outer corner of a cornfield in the middle of the coutry and I loved it. I rode my bike everywhere and played with my sister Linda all the time. Pam and Sue Ann were older than me and did NOT think their baby sister was very cool. Now of course, they know better ROTFL!! Not really.
42. My sisters are my favorite people now that I am grown, just like Mom said they would be. We look nothing alike, just like my girls look nothing alike.
43. I have always been a little jealous of those families that all look alike.
44. I am not sure I can think of 100 things.
45. I love to read.
46. My all time favorite book is Rich Man, Poor Man. It is not very wholesome but it is a redemptive story, sort of. I also love the whole Clan of the Cave Bear series (I hated the movie!!)
47. I think all movies should be rated G or PG. My favorite movie of all time is Terms of Endearment. It makes me cry like a baby.
48. I don't have a favorite actress or actor. I like some of their movies, but their lives for the most part are a WRECK!! Tom Hanks seems really nice and I like his movies. Kelly Preston and John Travolta seem really cool too.
49. I really like Oprah. I am praying that she and Stedman will get married.
50. I also like Dr. Phil. I don't agree with everything he says, but I like his no nonsense approach. I also like that he favors working it out over divorce.
51. I am a very conservative republican. I think everyone should be. I love small government and hate paying taxes.
52. I think welfare is corrupt and should be eliminated.
53. I think most politicians are corrupt and should be elimin...voted out of office.
54. The Clintons are the worst thing that ever happened to this country.
55. I think women voted for Clinton because they thought he was cute.
56. True confession: I voted for Clinton the first time because I thought he was young, hip, in touch, and a little bit cute.
57. I can't take it back!!!
58. Once upon a time in high school I was a liberal democrat. I am so ashamed.
59. If people had to cash their checks and then go somewhere and give that cash over to pay their taxes instead of it automatically coming out of their checks, there would be more conservatives!! There would be TAX REFORM!!!
60. I am livid everytime anyone in Congress gets a raise!!!!
61. I don't really like postal jokes. (My husband is a hard working mail carrier) The post office has a higher rate of successful transactions than any other company in the world, but you only hear the bad stuff!
62. The post office is the third largest employer second to Walmart and some oil company in China. Unlike either of those jobs, the post office is a really good job with really good benefits and VERY FEW part-time employees.
63. It is hard to write 100 things about yourself.
64. I think Karen Carpenter was the greatest singer in the world, not Celine Dion.
65. My kids recognize Elvis Presley when he comes on the radio. They know he was "the king" thanks to my husband.
66. My husband is a drummer for Lew Jetton and 61 South. I am very proud of him for that. I had no clue he was a musician when we met and I was very upset about it until the last 4-5 years.
67. I was pulled over 13 times from the ages of 16-21. Despite having a lead foot, I never got a ticket until I was 22 and engaged. I did not flirt, well maybe a little. I hope I never get another one. I try really hard to never speed.
68. I am perpetually late. IT is not on purpose. I just can't get it together sometimes. I really love being early. My children hate to be late but not nearly as much as my husband. We used to stay home from things because he could not stand being late. He has really chilled out alot. Me too.
69. This is my husband's favorite number. Too much information!!
70. I love a made bed. I sleep better when the sheets and blankets are all tucked in. Sometimes I make my bed before I get in it to go to sleep. WEIRD I Know!
71. I have never been to Disney, but I will go for the first time with my children at the end of Feb.
72. I love vacations more than anything.
73. I also love to camp.
74. I like a yard, not a lawn. We have a yard, not a lawn.
75. I am really not nice, it takes lots of prayer and submission to God to be that way.
76. I love to make fun of people and it comes out sometimes. I think this is an awful cahracter flaw and I work on it constantly.
77. I will never make it to 100 without sharing the darkest secrets of my soul...
78. I lost my virginity ....just kidding. I still have it...just kidding.
79. I am very modest and I think everyone should be. I hate low rise jeans and all the butt-cracks they reveal.
80. Sweats are the best thing since sliced white bread.
81. Summer fashions make me cringe.
82. There is no such thing as a decent bathing suit. REALLY!! Throwing a tshirt over it does not help. In some ways it is a little worse.
83. I am thankful forever for Jesus. Becoming a child of God is the best thing I ever did.
84. Becoming a wife and mom is the second best.
85. I planned to wait five years between getting married and having children. God decided two was plenty and over-rode my birth control pills.
86. Erika was three months old when I found out I was pregnant with Kayla. The ladies in the Dr.'s office asked if I was ok and if I needed to call anyone.
87. My mother-in-law came over every morning and helped me for two weeks after Kayla was born. She knew when not to come anymore without me telling her. I will always love her for both of those things.
88. I do not remember the baby hood of Erika or Kayla. It was too crazy. I did not realize how much I had forgotten until God over-rode my birth control again and we had Lilly.
89. Two children in a row will make you crazy for at least one year and borderline for the rest of your life. I can't even imagine what three in a row would be like...or 4 in a row...or five in a row. I have friends who have done all of those and they seem really normal.
90. Lynn Nagel saved my life when she paid for me to go to supermoms bible study. I had neither the money or the interest to do it. It changed my life for the better forever.
91. My husband loves me best when I am in a bible study because I am convicted the whole study
and frequently apologize.
92. I have a love/hate relationship with conviction... nothing more painful or glorious than to realize my mistakes.
93. I am convicted nearly every day. I hate writing that.
94. My favorite car is a 69 Camaro. So cliche!!
95. I hate Impalas...I am so sorry Erik but it is true.
96. My favorite color is red.
97. I really like Sex in the City, Grey's Anatomy, and Medium. I wish there was a Christian alternative to each of them. It isn't the soap opera sex I enjoy, but the story lines. I wish there was no nudity or sex on TV, EVER.
98. I hope I am not ruining my children. I pray they turn out ok despite their flawed parents.
99. I love babies right after a bath. I don't have baby fever, I am glad to close that chapter in my life. I think grandbabies will be fun if I don't have to raise them.
100. I love life. I can't wait for heaven though!