Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Points to Ponder

  •  Our churches are much more aligned with Roman traditions than Jewish ones.  Is this a good thing? I don't think so.
  • I heard an amazing morsel about parenting...it's a paraphrase:  I had children with every intention of helping them grow into great kids...instead they have helped me grow into a great dad.  AMEN...God has grown me up in so many ways through my children!
  • If one person is the source of all your misery (as in a marriage) then you have allowed one person to be in charge of all your happiness.  Good luck with that one!
  • Marriage is not meant to meet your needs, God is.  If you are unhappy in your marriage, God is not your focus...changing your spouse is.  God should always be your focus.  **This is so common these days!
  • No one should ever be given the role of completing you or being your 'other half'...you should each be two wholes.
  • If you always refuse to give your opinions and preferences, you are not allowing others to know the real you.  That doesn't mean you should always get your way, it just means "I don't care, whatever you want." usually leads to passive aggressive behaviors and does not allow people to really know you.
I am pondering much and look forward to tomorrow's pontifications.

No comments: