Sunday, October 09, 2011

Autumnal Bliss

I am loving every minute of fall.  The weather is going from cool days/cool nights to hot days/cool nights...LOVE it.  I savor the moments of hot and cool.  Light jackets, sweatshirts, flip flops and sandals all make fall so unique.  It is sort of a combo of the best of summer and the best of winter.

Pumpkins, apples, butternut squash, halloween candy(lol)...autumn harvest is so fun. 

Today the fam and I went to Garden of the Gods(Southern IL, not Colorado) and had lots of good fun that was funny.  Kayla wished her school had a hiking club which is Kayla talk for: "I like what we are doing.".  Satisfaction in my middle child is always a good thing.  She plays her emotions close to her chest so one has to study her to know the authentic emotion.  We then followed up with Rim Rock which is one of my favorite places on earth...I prefer the valley to the mountaintop.  Does that mean something philosophical?

Now, another topic.  Indulge me.  Erik's dad was a bit of a pack rat.  A frugal packrat.  Two of the things we have inherited lately are his collection of hotel coffee and his collection of hotel shampoos and soaps.  Erik is really enjoying the coffee and the girls are having a blast using the little shampoos.  This is where I gotta lecture a bit.  If you have something in your life that you are not using...GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WILL!!  Jerry was frugal and would have LOVED knowing how much his son and grandkids were enjoying something he paid nothing for.  AND, because he kept a small stockpile of full sized, brand preferred coffees and shampoos, he wasn't using them.  NOT that we don't enjoy a daily reminder of him and smile often at this thrift. 

Tomorrow is back to school for the kids after a very nice but somewhat uneventful fall break.  We did not have a vacation, but we did enjoy being home and got out to do some fun things here and there.  I will miss the girls terribly this week...but I am so thankful they enjoy school and are doing so well. 

There you have it...all caught up.

No comments: