Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thin Mints

I have discovered that Thin Mints do not make one thin.  Nor do Samoas, Dosidos, or Tagalongs.  Lemon Chalets could definitely keep me thin though. 

It is that time of year and we are knee deep in cookies.  Our family bought 8 boxes and we are down to half a sleeve of Trefoils.  I have a love/hate relationship with Girl Scout cookies.  It is the simplest fundraiser ever-people actually love buying them.  I hate delivering them...except to good friends-those are fun deliveries.  I hate handling that much money, making change, cashing checks, etc.  Lilly and I did some door to door sales in Hula Girl's neighorhood.  It was nice to be in the excellent weather, but not my first choice of what to be doing.  Overall, I think the whole cookie experience is a good one.  All of my kids can tell you how much almost any amount of boxes of cookies cost AND they learn all the rules of salesmanship.  Win/win.

I'm so glad we have now mostly finished our family stash of cookies.  Look out diet...I am back on track  CHOO! CHOO!

1 comment:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Glad you sold some cookies over here. I'm quite content with my do si do's, thanks!

Psst..I LOVE the vanilla. Thanks again.