Sunday, January 03, 2010

Stinkin' Cold!

As much as I make fun of my friend Hula for being such a lover of hot weather, I'm pretty sure I can speak for both of us here and wish for some warmer weather in this neck of the woods! I can only enjoy cold when there is snow-enough to build a snowman. Then it is all fun and seems like a holiday experience. This shocking cold all around just serves no purpose...unless it's killing fleas and skeeters. Is it killing fleas and skeeters? I might be willing to endure a few more days if that is the case. Haha...like I have a choice.

I have managed not to hibernate although our travels are at least cut to half. I just don't want to get out. The kids aren't feeling the same way but we got some really cool games for Christmas we have been playing so it isn't all bad. Plus, I bought some wonderful FRESH Playdough the other day just because.

Other than that, I have little to share. It has been a really good week. PLUS, I realized a blessing that I have previously not really paid enough attention to: My kids always kiss me goodnight, sometimes more than once if they go get a drink and then walk by me again. Some kids might outgrow that, I hope mine never do.

Name that movie:
"I was under the porch because I love you. Can I stay?"

1 comment:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

THIS is why I hate winter. Ug. I've chickened out and stayed on the treadmill the last two days but at lunch today I'm headed outside to run. I'm scared.