Friday, May 01, 2009

In My Brain

  • Absolute relief that Hula's sister-in-law's body was recovered. I am so thankful our prayers have been answered and finding her was relatively quick.
  • I am saddened that one of my friends lost her baby at 4 months. She was nervous about this new baby, it was to be her 4th and her current "baby" is getting close to double digits. She had much trepidation but she had gotten used to the idea and I know the loss has hit her like a ton of bricks.
  • I am reading the book Jantzen's gift and I am just aching for children in other countries. People in other countries and how really poor a person can be. And how rich and spoiled we are. So glad my preacher loaned me such a "feel good" read.
  • Tonight I am hosting a hair dying party. I am going to force myself to be in a party mood. My gray roots have been on display for weeks leading up to this event. Even though I don't feel all happy-go-lucky, I intend to fake it like a pro.
  • I must go to the store now and buy my hair color and some groceries. Come on over tonight if you have a hankering to color you hair or watch other people do so.

I am praying for some joy in the midst of despair for myself and all the folks I know who are hurting in a big way and those of us who feel their pain just knowing about it. God be with them as they keep putting one foot in front of the other.

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad that you stopped by my blog.
I enjoyed reading your blog today.
am still so new to the land of blog, but so loving reading others stories.
Everyone has a story and so many of them are so touching....
Hope you will stop by for another visit.
The May give-away has started and this month there will be 10 winners. I will be blogging from Disney World soon...