- The death of a baby in our homeschool community. A baby I held for about an hour just a few days ago so his mom could work on gingerbread houses with her other children. Vincent was a baby that was so sweet and cuddly and giggly, I didn't want to give him back.
- My dog, Toby, ran out in front of our van this morning-his paw was run over by our tire. The biggest paw pad was ripped off almost completely. Blood was everywhere and I missed both church and care group getting him stabilized, settled and then cleaning up the mess. I spent a very tearful and prayerful morning thinking about Vincent and nursing Toby.
I have had these wonderful blessings:
- Many church friends & friends who are ministering to Vincent's family. I have no doubt the entire community is praying for this family and serving them diligently.
- One of my friends was kind enough to take Lilly to her rehearsal before her concert today so Toby would be alone as little as possible.
- Our care group friends missed us and check on us to see if they could help. We love you!!
- A delightful choral performance and the sheer joy of watching my daughter (and the other children!)sing her heart out. It was a much needed distraction!
- A friend has her vet on speed dial and she was able to care for Toby this afternoon after we got home from the concert. I served as the vet assistant. He has over 20 stitches and 16 staples. It is gonna be a tough recovery but it could have been so much worse. The vet is the most wonderful gal ever. It is a decision that will cripple us a bit financially-but we, like Toby, will walk better eventually. After seeing first hand the extent of the wound and the treatment needed, I think he would have lost his paw without the vet visit.
- Youth ministers who allow my girls to come a little early. I love you, Darlings!!
- Youth ministers who teach me while teaching the kids to count my blessings even on a really bad day.
- Steph S. does still read my blog and she is gonna call!!
All those blessings made up for the fact that I dropped my wedding ring down the bathroom drain and hubby had to take the sink apart to retrieve it. I love you, Husband!