Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hate/Love

We are home and I decided to bullet top ten lists for things I love/hate about coming home after being gone a while. Then I remembered I am sooooo tired and pared it back to five.

5 things I hate about returning home.
  1. Food will have to be bought and prepared tomorrow, by me.
  2. There is laundry to do. Even though I did two loads at the hotel.
  3. The animals REALLY missed us and they want to love us and hold us and keep us for their very own. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
  4. The mail, messages and the fact that our house is hotter than Hades because we did not want to run the air much since we would not be home.
  5. Unpacking and putting away all that stuff. However, I am finished!! Shocks me too.

5 things I love about returning home.

  1. Despite the fact that our gardening skills SUCK, we have squash. Squash has no carbs and I like it. It is nice to return to a yielding garden. You can see the bright yellow squash through the weeds and that is nice.
  2. We will get to sleep in our own beds tonight. I love my bed. I don't sleep well in hotels.
  3. Absence makes the heart grow fonder...I miss my house when I am gone from it.
  4. We will get to see our church friends Sunday-I miss them very much!!
  5. I am relaxed and rejuvenated and ready to get back into the day-to-day routine.

The bonus thing...tomorrow is payday but it was direct deposited today. That means we came home to money-possibly enough to cover everything we need it for.

1 comment:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

The last couple of times we've taken a big vacation I've taken an extra day off work just to catch up on laundry and house chores before jumping back into the daily grind. As Martha says, it's a good thing. Glad you had a good time!