We are home and I decided to bullet top ten lists for things I love/hate about coming home after being gone a while. Then I remembered I am sooooo tired and pared it back to five.
5 things I hate about returning home.
- Food will have to be bought and prepared tomorrow, by me.
- There is laundry to do. Even though I did two loads at the hotel.
- The animals REALLY missed us and they want to love us and hold us and keep us for their very own. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
- The mail, messages and the fact that our house is hotter than Hades because we did not want to run the air much since we would not be home.
- Unpacking and putting away all that stuff. However, I am finished!! Shocks me too.
5 things I love about returning home.
- Despite the fact that our gardening skills SUCK, we have squash. Squash has no carbs and I like it. It is nice to return to a yielding garden. You can see the bright yellow squash through the weeds and that is nice.
- We will get to sleep in our own beds tonight. I love my bed. I don't sleep well in hotels.
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder...I miss my house when I am gone from it.
- We will get to see our church friends Sunday-I miss them very much!!
- I am relaxed and rejuvenated and ready to get back into the day-to-day routine.
The bonus thing...tomorrow is payday but it was direct deposited today. That means we came home to money-possibly enough to cover everything we need it for.