Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Laundry Finished?

I went to the laundromat and I am amazed at how everything has changed and yet everything has stayed exactly the same since I went there as a young lady many years ago. The machines are exactly the same, at least they look it. They no longer take coins though. You have to rent a card and put money on it. The machines only take these cards. The kids were elated as there were very few people there and the attendant put the TV on DISNEY(my poor deprived children don't have that at home, we only have limited basic cable-about 14 channels). Another plus side is that I could still finish lots of laundry in under an hour which is a heck of a lot more than I can accomplish at home!! Except the one load that was left sopping wet and DIRTY in the washer. We took that one to my in-laws. I had consolidated all of my running and did not want to pack sopping wet clothes around. They were wonderful about it. Plus they are always caught up on laundry so it is not a problem.

So, all of our laundry is done-except for all the clothes we removed to change into pajamas. We WILL wear these pjs again tonight!!

Erik did lots of research last night and we believe a new washer is in order. Prices range from about $400-2000.

And oh what heights we'll hit, on with the show this is it!! (Sorry, I went all looney tunes for a minute.)

Life is better though for those of you worried about my fragile state of mind. The prayer group Sunday night really blessed my socks off and gave me the strength to limp through another week. Peaks and valleys, peaks and valleys.

This will be my last post for a while. Not sure if I will have blog time again for a few days. Miss me. Cry a little. Perhaps Erik will post while I am away?

3 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

Hurry back! And bring a new washer with you. When appliances break, all normal life ceases to function.

Mia said...

I will miss you
I am crying already ; (
Be careful and try not to lose your mind!

Mia said...

I am anxiously waiting for Erik to post...........