Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ketch-up

Because there are too many topics rambling around in my brain. I will touch briefly on each one.

  • My mom is back in the hospital. She got to come home Thursday afternoon but had to return late Saturday night. The surgery Thursday was not successful at restoring bloodflow. At least 3 of her toes and part of her foot are believed to be dead or dying. They will assess again tomorrow. Amputation probably will be necessary. That is such an awful word. Seems like in this day and age it should not have to happen. She has a positive attitude about it-she is talking about prosthetic limbs like some people plan supper. I think this is when it truly hit me how much pain she has been in with a foot that just would not heal.
  • I am up to season 5 in Gilmore Girls and now that Luke and Loralei are finally together...well it just isn't the same. And Rory-take some shape-enough with the dumb decisions already. Good golly I like the other seasons better.
  • We did have a fun day Saturday. We spent some time at the library. We had a nice lunch with a really cute mailman. We went to JCPenney and Toys 'R Us to kill the few dollars we had left from Christmas. Then we grocery shopped at Sam's and the local grocery.(I buy all of our meat there because they package it like I like and have good sales.) The kids didn't love the grocery part-but they do appreciate it when our pantry is stocked.
  • I spent the morning with my mom today instead of at church. I read my Bible study to her as I did it. Then we napped together. The hospital is a very boring place.
  • My sister came to the hospital in time to allow me to attend care group after church. Today was the day for me to tell my "story". This meant I was to trace my family tree and tell about my life and my spiritual life. I guess I am thankful for having an even remotely positive life because, quite frankly, I have had a very hard life! The saddest part was knowing how many bad things I skipped over for the sake of time and dignity. My family is so steeped with sin and the scars are deep. It encompasses many generations and defies "prettying up". It is amazing how God has used me at all. I am grateful to be delivered from generational sin and also my own rebellious sin. God is good.
  • Did you get the license number of the truck that hit me? Not actually, figuratively. I feel like I have been hit with one. I have a double helping of the cold going around. Yippee! Time to snuggle up with my two best friends, Vicks and Nyquil. Thank goodness tomorrow is Monday!!

4 comments:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. That's a tough decision to handle. Prayers for you!

Mia said...

Praying for your Mom jan.
I haven't talked to you in more than a week...is there something wrong with this picture??? : )

Stephanie said...

Your mom is in my prayers as well. I hate to think about her losing her foot, but then I hate to think about how much pain she has been in as well.

Seasons 3 and 4 are my favorite. Season 6 no longer has Amy Sherman-Palladino as the writer and it loses its spunk. The first half of season 5 when they aren't speaking to each other is really hard for me to watch, but it gets better again!

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. It's so nice that you are able to be there and spend that quality time with her, even if it is boring!!!