Sunday, December 16, 2007

A MEME

Hulagirl did not specifically tag me, but I'm going to play anyway. Especially since my last two posts have been sooo heavy. It's PMS week and I can tell it!!

Rules
1) Link to the person who tagged you. (check)
2) Post the rules on your blog. (check)
3) Share 7 facts about yourself. (to follow)
4) Tag 7 random people and include links to their blogs
  1. All my blog buddies with blonde hair
  2. All my blog buddies with non-blonde hair
  3. All my blog buddies with pets
  4. All my blog buddies without pets
  5. All my married blog buddies
  6. All my non-married blog buddies
  7. Anyone reading this!

Okay, that should get everyone because I would love to read 7 odd facts about all of you!!

  1. I have had a total of 15 step-brothers and sisters in my life. This is due to the fact that my current(and only) step-father has nine children and my dad has been married twice to women with three children. Technically, I only have 9 now as my dad is no longer married. The youngest one of those 9 is 48 or 13 years older than me. It freaks my kids out a little to see me stand and visit with someone that they later find out is a step-sibling. His family is not very tight knit. They have only met about 3 of those step-siblings.
  2. I love to spell and also to edit. I am a wordsmith to the core. I love words. You would not know this if you read my family's bio in the chuch bulletin today. It slides in and out of first and third person and makes very little sense. (Collaboration is not fun.)
  3. I don't accept compliments well. I accept criticism eagerly, too eagerly. I have to work on these two things constantly. I am training myself and my children to just say thank you when complimented. I am training myself to analyze criticism to see if it really fits before I own it/claim it for my very own/check out seven books on how to improve it.
  4. I was a desperately needy poor kid for a short time in my life. I am thankful for church bus programs, toy drives at Christmas and food pantries. They make a huge impact in the lives of people who have little.
  5. I believe that I could spend $1,000,000 in one day and accomplish wonderful things with it. Very little of it would be spent on me and there would be alot of very happy people running around. Feel free to take me up on this...I would prefer cash but any form of payment will do. ( :
  6. I wish I could sing like Kelly Clarkson or Alayna Miles. I do not sing well at all but my husband has informed me I am not tone-deaf and could be taught. Unfortunately, learning to play the stand-up base comes first. (the day before that freezing over day)
  7. I would love to sew all of my own clothes and the clothes of my family. It just seems like it would be so satisfying. Sewing is so simple and yet hard all at the same time. The two official classes I have had made me crazy. The whole rule and pattern following interfacing/elastic/buttonhole/bobbin threading operations make me just say nevermind.

All righty then, wasn't that fun. Can't wait to read yours!!

1 comment:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Glad you played along. I started to tag you specifically but was afraid you were too busy. Sewing and bricklaying...won't you have the power if the world ever starts crumbling.