Thursday, August 09, 2007

GRRRREAT DAY!!

I kind of feel a little like Lilly must feel all the time, because I had a wonderful day. We went to a waterpark with our homeschool group and I had so much fun. I did not realize just how fast a family tube can go! Or how hard one can laugh while going so fast. I won't go into all the details, because, well, you just had to be there. And even then, laughing at yourself is much funnier than laughing at someone else so it still couldn't be as funny to you as it was Mia and I. We also had the perfect passengers, because I don't think they understood at all why we were laughing sooooo much, they just joined in and enjoyed the ride.

Mia is a blessing in every way. I know God sent her to me to be a precious friend and I am so thankful. I only hope to reciprocate the blessings! I hope she doesn't hate me too much for making her stay until the park closed. It had to be done.

After writing my high school meme, I did a search for my long unheard from best friend and finally located him...maybe. I sent him a quick email that was very non-commital because it could have not been him. After I got home today, he had emailed back and it was him. We were able to catch up a bit until my cell phone died. I am so glad to hear from him and catch up a bit. He's a DR. now, not MD, PhD. I am impressed and happy for him. He is teaching at a university in Florida. I feel certain he will come to his senses and move to Colorado soon though. He is more of a mountains guy than a beach bum. Good thing I called and told him this. Saving the world one person at a time, I am. He may read this blog and comment...I'm afraid. Be kind.

Then I got a call from hubby and had a nice conversation with him. He told me about the great steak he JUST. COULD. NOT. FINISH and I cried a little as I scrambled eggs and warmed up left-overs. Not just any steak, but an OUTBACK steak, which is the best steak ever. Life is so unfair sometimes.

My friend Jennifer called and we caught up on our day. We rely very heavily on phone calls-short or long-to get through most days. We can discuss if we are crazy, how wonderful our cats are and just take a little break from refereeing. For some insane reason, she did not join the waterpark fun today and soooo, we had to chat up the day a bit.

Then my friend Harold Ann called and we had much laughter over the antics of the preschoolers we taught together Sunday. We shared excitement over the fact that I have a teacher for Sunday and we need not repeat the experience. We did have fun though. Maybe the kids did too...heehee.

So I give this day an A. I have had a little "me" time. I've been surrounded by water and water sounds all day. (For some reason this calms me-especially if it isn't deep) I have used up all my words with wonderful friend conversations. I have had a whole bunch of live people conversations and I am going to bed before midnight. If my other half were in there to snuggle with, it would be an A++ day. I miss you honey and TGIF (tomorrow) will a never be truer!!

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

Glad you had a good day!

jettybetty said...

Water sounds really really really calm me--I don't know why--I just know it works!

Glad you had a GRRRREAT day!

Mia said...

Day at the waterpark......$28.50
Lunch at McDonald's.......$17.85
Watersocks................(heehee)
Breaking the sound barrier with the best girls I have met in a LONG time...........PRICELESS!!!!
Mia