Monday, August 14, 2006



Okay, this is a total stranger from the poison ivy hall of fame pictures-don't go there-EEEWWW!!! but VERY similar to what Lilly woke up looking like Saturday morning. Her eye was actually swollen shut and it looked as though someone had gotten a good punch in. When she said "Mom I think this is a little bit of poison ivy on my chin, it really itches." I looked at it sure, I thought it was a very vague rash and took no further action, kissed her goodnight and did not give it anohter thought until I saw her Sat morning!!!!! Proud Mommy moment # 10,054. We had lots of running to do after our call to the doctor. Plus I had promised the big girls yard saling, so we had alot of 'splaining to do-ALL DAY!! Lilly was very happy to have a new story though. She lives to talk, don't know where she gets it!!

Yesterday, she added to her already blemished face with a fall on her face and knees when our dog (BUDDY the wonder dog-we wonder where he came from and why he chose to stay)played leapfrog with her. When she comes down with the pox on the 22nd, will I even know it??? She will have so many "healing spots" we won't recognize them!!

Erika and Kayla are getting settled into their new school routine very well. I am keeping better records this year and we are doing alot more work. I ordered the last of my curriculum and it should be arriving any day. I am very pleased with my choices this year. Usually that lasts until Christmas when I want to set it all on fire and start on something else. I AM FUN!!

Flipflopmamma, I can obviously post pictures from anywhere except the disc my cousin gave me!! I love my computer challenged-ness.

Busy week this week!! I am hoping to get in late on a consignment sale that starts tonight. First music class for Lilly(it is all she talks about!) and also first homeschool support group meeting. Must take big girls shopping with their birthday money before the outbreak!! Also must stock up on fun stuff for the outbreak as well, like oatmeal and the pantyhose to hold it for soothing baths!! Maybe we can oatmeal the pool! I love my crazy life!! The more I prep, the more likely we are to not catch!! That would be EXACTLY my luck!!

Also, we have been blessed three times in the last month with wonderful hand-me-downs. I think it is because I am holding a little looser to our stuff than I ever have!! I keep having names pop into my head of people I can share our hand-me-downs with. Giving away is wonderful. My house is slowly but surely uncluttering!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I am really allergic to poison ivy and I had it on my face once too. I know it is NO FUN!