Monday, July 17, 2006

Is One Child Harder Than Three?

In some ways , yes. Especially if that child thinks her older sisters hung the moon and talks about them all day long. I don't think it occurred to me how hard their absence would be on Lilly (or me!). We are out of our routine. I am trying to savor all that I can get done and enjoy no fighting for a few days, but I really miss them too. No more belly-aching-I know they are having a great time at camp!

We tried to go boating yesterday only to discover-at the boat launch-that our battery was dead. Great fun. Erik was so mad at himself-usually he fires it up in the driveway before we go just to make sure. WE were all excited and eager to go so we missed a step. We got home and swam in the pool instead. It is so hot here you need to be in some sort of water to be outside!

Erik's grandma fell yesterday. By some sort of miracle, nothing is broken. Everyone is shocked and thankful. Lilly and I will be going to the hospital for a visit today. I am also finishing Billy's trailor today. I am ready to mark that off my to do list. I wanted to do it yesterday, but I just could not make myself. We savored our (partial)family day instead. Have an awesome week!

2 comments:

~d said...

Nice. Down to earth. Simple. This is my life post. Thank you for putting it out there.

Julie Anne said...

I know what you mean!

When the grandparents take the three older ones away, I'm relieved by the "quieter" atmosphere, but M.J. keeps me MUCH busier in some ways! She follows me around going "Mommy, Mommy" and then on about the 2nd day alone she starts looking for and calling for the others and doesn't stop 'til they come home!

But, there is less food to prepare, less laundry to do, and longer and more indulgent quiet times for me while she naps.