Monday, June 14, 2010

Rain Down On Me

Ahhh, at last some nice rain to cool our parched garden.  We have a little thunder boomer action today.  It has been convection oven hot, so I, for one, am pleased.  We are at the library.  Two of us made it in before the huge drops of rain began.  I was one of the two that did not beat the rain.  Being soaking wet in the air conditioning is cold.  Brrr.

We have had a busy last few days.  We have been celebrating Lilly's birthday most of the week.  Actual birthday, friend birthday party (Not all of her friends mind you, she had a list a mile long but it has to stop somewhere!), and the grand finale of family birthday party.  Good times.  She is completely spoiled rotten now.  You know, when I was growing up, we got a cake in the flavor of our choosing.  That is all.  Occasionally there might be a present, but that was nothing to be counted on.  Of course, no one had toys like kids have nowadays either.  Back when I was a young whippersnapper....

Yesterday, we took some time to enjoy a family day at the lake.  It was our first time out on the boat this summer.  It was very nice.  The water was calm.  It was about the perfect temperature for swimming too.  I love days when all is peaceful and relaxed, aside from the usual sibling banter.

Enjoy your fresh, brand-spanking new Monday.  I know I am.

1 comment:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I'm glad someone's Monday was good. Mine was a disaster. MIL put in the hospital, TA's friend in a bad accident and airlifted to Evansville and a dinner party of eight expected at the house in the middle of the chaos. Send some of those calm waters my way, will ya'?