Thursday, July 09, 2009

A Review: Jungle Jack's Wackiest, Wildest, and Weirdest Animals in the World (Hardcover)


Just to let you know where I am coming from, I am a lifelong fan of Jack Hanna. I used to love it when he would appear on the Johnny Carson show. He and Johnny had such an awesome chemistry and that plus the inevitable animal faux paus made for some priceless TV comedy. Of course, to be fair, I was far too young to be up watching and most of the humor probably went right over my head. Fast forward many years, I was so excited to see this book available for me to choose for my kiddos. The circle of life. I can now pass on my love for Jack Hanna to my children!! This book is so fun. The large life-like illustrations captivated all three of my children's attention. Weird and unusual animals are featured on each page with a complete lesson about each one. Want to learn more about the duck-bill platypus (who doesn't?)? Want to learn about an animal so slow it literally grows moss?

I highly recommend this book for anyone. The price is perfect to be a birthday present and is suitable for a boy or a girl. Since Erik and I both read and enjoyed it, I think it is safe to say it is fun for any age. Purchase this book OR for you economizers, like me, urge your library to purchase it!!

Amazon features this book at this link.

No comments: